Monday 7 January 2013

STAR JUMPS AND WRITING




Image from here

As I suspected Grandaughter No 1 wasn't that keen on the morning run when she stayed overnight at the weekend although she did want to come out with me and did.

It was cold and foggy and we ran a quarter of the way around the block when she announced that she'd had enough of running so we walked but as it was very cold she couldn't wait to get back to the warmth of home.

"You know you don't have to go out and run Granny," she told me. "You can stay in and just do star jumps."

She then proceeded to show me and said, probably much to her very busy mum's consternation, that she was going to do them herself every morning and get mummy to do them too.

Star jumps don't build up stamina and staying inside to exercise is not as nice as going out and tasting the cold air so my regime continues. Sadly, my writing today has fallen away but only because of other work that has taken precedence.

A feature due to appear in a magazine in a couple of weeks' time looks like it might fall through for legal reasons which is a bit of a blow but these things happen although it has put me off freelancing features and why I'm looking for a more permanent,stable and reliable position where I can enjoy using my writing skills on a daily basis.

I'm also working on my teaching plans for the adult education course I'll be running from next week until March and of course my University journalism part time teaching course which starts again in the middle of this month.

I did, however, finally manage to get the first two chapters of my crime novel loaded up on the Writer's Café site so that is still progression of a sort I suppose.

Meanwhile, as my workload over the next three months begins to build up then writing on my novel will have to eat into the evening hours if I am to stick to my regime.

If only writing was as easy as star jumps, I could get Grandaughter No 1 to do it for me - especially as she has told her mum that when she grows up she wants to be a writer like Granny and do shorthand.

No comments:

Post a Comment